Table of Contents
- 1 Everything you need to know about having an intimate wedding at 100 Acre Wood in Picton, Prince Edward County
- 2 Host your Wedding at 100 Acre Wood – Ceremony & Reception Sites
- 3 Why 100 Acre Wood is a dream destination for your intimate wedding:
- 4 Host your Wedding at 100 Acre Wood – Accomodation
Everything you need to know about having an intimate wedding at 100 Acre Wood in Picton, Prince Edward County
A wedding is a gathering. A specific moment you can shape (Priya Parker, The Art of Gathering). The venue for your gathering has a huge impact on how your gathering feels, how your guests participate, and how you host. 100 Acre Wood is an all-inclusive venue located on the outskirts of Picton, Prince Edward County. This venue is set on 100 acres of land and is family owned and operated.
Why we love to photograph weddings at 100 Acre Wood
- Our couples who have chosen 100 Acre Wood for their wedding day tell us that the family-style wedding meal and working with Mary are the biggest reasons they would recommend this venue.
- If you’re looking for the best wedding meal you’ve ever had – this is the venue for you. You can catch a glimpse of everything coming together as Kevin prepares your meal in the outdoor kitchen.
- 100 Acre Wood offers different options for your gathering based on the number of guests you’d like to host, time of year and weekend vs. midweek timing.
- Excellent service- their team is paid above industry standard and you can tell, they are lovely and truly enjoy what they do.
- The natural landscape (think wildflower fields) plus the modern but rustic human-made elements (modern chapel, vintage airstream, cozy hammocks) offer unlimited possibilities for portraits at any time of day. We will consult with you re:timeline to ensure we feature the elements that feel true to yourselves as a couple.
Below you will find all the information you need to decide if 100 Acre Wood is the perfect place for your intimate wedding gathering.
Host your Wedding at 100 Acre Wood – Ceremony & Reception Sites
2000 square foot restored barn, concrete floors, gorgeous wood interior and lighting. The Chapel can be used for ceremony, reception, dancing or cocktail hour. It is fully outfitted with a sound system. The way the light streams into this building at all times of day is magic. Our couples have opted to use the chapel for cocktail hour and dancing while hosting the ceremony on the lawn and dinner in the tent. Having the option to also hold your ceremony and dinner in the Chapel in the case of rainy or cold (or even hot) weather is a godsend.
Full access to their large tent. Included under the tent are lighting, beautiful handmade harvest tables, wood school chairs, a podium, and a satellite bar. The Tent can be used for your ceremony, reception and/or dancing. It is fully outfitted with a sound system. Have a look at the 100 Acre Wood Instagram for all the creative floral installations that have graced this beautiful tent’s interiors over the last couple of years – there are literally limitless possibilities.
Grassy Ceremony Site
Overlooking a field of wildflowers, this ceremony site has a wooden arbour ready for a floral installation of your dreams and concrete bench seating for your guests. You can also opt to bring in your own arbour as our couple did. The sound system is able to be moved outside for your musicians and officiant.
Large fire pit for you and your guests to enjoy. Bench seating. Inclusive of firewood, and blankets for folks who want to be extra cozy. Perfect for gathering during cocktail hour, or after dinner as the sun sets beyond the horizon.
Why 100 Acre Wood is a dream destination for your intimate wedding:
- 100 Acre Wood is an all-inclusive venue i.e. caterers, linens, glasses, chairs, tables, and the tent are all taken care of for you.
- Natural beauty of the landscape and perfectly curated extras. From the handmade pottery and dishes, to the aesthetic of the barn and cement ceremony benches each detail is thoughtfully chosen. You have everything you need, and nothing that you don’t.
- Mary provides information on vendors, transportation, accommodation, and bar & menu curation.
- All catering is done on-site. Your wedding menu is curated using local ingredients, sourced from neighbours and nearby farms. Allergies and sensitivities are noted and accommodated for, ensuring that everyone feels cared for.
- 100 Acre Wood is committed to supporting the local community, using local vendors, paying staff above the industry standard and actively pursuing sustainability and low waste production.
Host your Wedding at 100 Acre Wood – Accomodation
For more recommendations check out our blog post Where to Stay in Prince Edward County. You’ll find all our favourite boutique Prince Edward County Inns and Motels as well as our favourite Airbnbs for couples and groups of all sizes.
100 Acre Wood
931 County Rd 8
Picton, ON K0K2T0
By Email: email@example.com
If you’re looking for more information on Prince Edward County Wedding Venues check out this post where we tell you about the Top 20+ Venues in the County.