Updated March 9, 2021
Table of Contents
- 1 Elegant Autumn Wedding at Waupoos Winery, Prince Edward County
- 1.1 The Prince Edward County Wedding Vendor Team
- 1.2 Getting Ready at Waupoos Airbnb
- 1.3 Elegant Bridal Prep in Waupoos Farmhouse
- 1.4 Waupoos Farmhouse Wedding First Look
- 1.5 Pre-ceremony drinks and Wedding Party Portraits at County Cider Company, Waupoos
- 1.6 Elegant Wedding Decor at Waupoos Estates Winery Wedding
- 1.7 Wedding Ceremony at Waupoos Estates Winery
- 1.8 Late Night, Lake-side First Dance in the Rain
Elegant Autumn Wedding at Waupoos Winery, Prince Edward County
Em and Nick brought their families together from across Canada to celebrate their marriage in beautiful Prince Edward County. They chose to host their elegant wedding at Waupoos Winery for its sweeping views of the water and incorporated local vendors to maximize their Prince Edward County experience. Em and Nick prioritized sustainability at each step of their wedding planning process, getting creative with ways to offset the carbon footprint of guest travel and the wedding meal. For more information on Prince Edward County Wedding Venues click here.
The Prince Edward County Wedding Vendor Team
- Bridal Party Accommodation // Waupoos Farmhouse // Milford, Prince Edward County
- Groom’s Party Accommodation // TownePlace Suites by Marriott Belleville // @williams_hotels
- Venue and Reception – Waupoos Estates & Winery // @waupoosestateswinery
- Pre-ceremony Drinks // County Cider Co. // @countycider
- Wedding Coordinator // The Event Design Company // Katie Watkowski // @theeventdesignco
- Photo Bus Booth // @thephotobusbooth
- Hair Stylist // Ash J // @hairbyashj
- Makeup Artist // Jessica Scafiezzo // @jsfaces
- DJ // Z-Scratch // @djz_scratch
- Florals // Floralora // @floraloraflowers
- Wooden Accents (bow ties, wooden arch, wooden coasters/take homes) // Mathieu Messier // @mattylechef
- Wedding Gown // Rituals of Love Bridal // Vancouver, Canada
- Wedding Shoes // Sam Edelman
- Wedding Jewellery // Olive & Piper // @oliveandpiper
- Wedding Rings & Engagement Ring // Cavalier Gastown // @cavaliergastown // Vancouver, Canada
- Getting Ready Robes // Plum Pretty Sugar // @plumprettysugar
Getting Ready at Waupoos Airbnb
Em and her bridal party spent the morning getting ready at this old Prince Edward County farmhouse. The open-concept layout allowed for a make-up station, hair station and plenty of room to share cocktails and brunch. Em’s bridal party wore coordinating loungewear from Plum Pretty Sugar and popped champagne while dancing to their favourite playlist. For a complete list of our favourite Prince Edward County Accommodations check out this post.
Elegant Bridal Prep in Waupoos Farmhouse
Em’s fitted gown and blue Sam Edelman shoes were complimented by Olive and Piper jewellery and a custom hairpiece and veil made from her mother’s wedding gown. As she put the finishing touches together her bridal party and family were sequestered. Em ended up not having one “first look” but three! Em was greeted by shouts of joy and oh so many tears during her first look with her bridal party. Soon after her brother stopped in and had every single person in tears with the sheer joy of the moment. Then it was time for her to go and meet her groom.
Waupoos Farmhouse Wedding First Look
Nick waited patiently by the barn until Em was ready for their first look. The entire wedding party cheered her on as she made her way down the field towards Nick. Then, fireworks, figuratively speaking. The utter joy that emanated from Em and Nick as they saw each other for the first time was absolute. They managed a few quiet moments to themselves and then turned to see their wedding party toasting and dancing back at the farmhouse.
Pre-ceremony drinks and Wedding Party Portraits at County Cider Company, Waupoos
Once the first look was complete everyone breathed a sigh of relief and then the real party started. The wedding party was shuttled to the County Cider Company for a couple of rounds of drinks and some time to chill before the wedding ceremony at Waupoos Winery.
The grounds at County Cider Company are beautiful, with the orchards in the back and the vineyards facing the water. There is plenty of space to move around and good options for portraits. We took a few moments for wedding party portraits and a quick couple’s session with Em and Nick.
Elegant Wedding Decor at Waupoos Estates Winery Wedding
The Event Design Co brought the whole sustainable wedding vision to life with carefully considered plants and wood accents from Em’s brother’s carpentry company. Mathieu created all the signage, the wedding arch, and the wedding favours. The floral arrangements were created by Floralora Flowers. For our favourite Prince Edward County Florists check out this post.
Wedding Ceremony at Waupoos Estates Winery
One of our favourite things about weddings at Waupoos Estates Winery is the cabana. Set off to the left of the ceremony site you can hang out unobserved in their lake-side cabana. The wedding party was able to bring drinks and relax while the guests arrived and were seated for the ceremony.
Late Night, Lake-side First Dance in the Rain
After the speeches, and before the dance floor opened we snuck Em and Nick away from the party for a quiet moment to themselves. Just as they started to dance on the dock the rain started and they totally embraced it. They danced and danced, and then the groomsmen joined in and everyone was rolling with laughter. It was the perfect way to walk into a marriage, with joy, adventure, and lots of support from their friends.