Table of Contents
- 1 Everything you need to know about getting married at Waupoos Estates Winery
- 1.1 Prince Edward County Featured Wedding Venue
- 1.2 Locations Within Waupoos Estates Winery for a Wedding
- 1.3 Waupoos Winery Wedding Photographer
- 1.4 Why Waupoos Winery is a dream destination for your wedding
Everything you need to know about getting married at Waupoos Estates Winery
Prince Edward County Featured Wedding Venue
A wedding is a gathering. A specific moment you can shape (Priya Parker, The Art of Gathering). The venue for your gathering has a huge impact on how your gathering feels, how your guests participate, how you host. Waupoos Estates Winery provides the only waterfront winery space in Prince Edward County. Many of our couples choose this venue because of this fact, the beauty of the vineyard, and the soft lapping waves of the lake. Below you will find all the information you need to decide if Waupoos Estates Winery is the perfect place for your wedding gathering.
Locations Within Waupoos Estates Winery for a Wedding
The Cabana is a perfect spot for the wedding party to hide away before the wedding ceremony. For couples who have a first look, you have the option of sharing a drink out on the water, hidden from the view of the arriving guests. We love to do wedding party formal shots here as well as candids while everyone is relaxing.
For couples who choose to keep it traditional with no first look, one partner can spend some quiet moments relaxing with their attendants in the Cabana. You can listen to the waves and gather your thoughts, soaking in the final moments before your wedding.
This beautiful, airy space is perfect for an intimate wedding (it holds up to 70 people seated in pre-Covid times). From the restaurant you can look out onto the vineyard and grounds. There is space for a small dance floor so you can have the full reception experience.
Waterfront Estate Grounds and Tent Pavilion
We’ve photographed weddings with the tent pavilion on either side of the grounds (left or right) and both were beautiful. For an intimate gathering having the pavilion set up on the right side of the grounds gave a backdrop of the vineyard. For a larger gathering, having the pavilion on the left side allowed for the dance floor to be incorporated into the permanent landscaping elements of the grounds.
All of the weddings we’ve shot at Waupoos Winery have utilized the dock as the ceremony site. With two beautiful trees framing the scene and the waves lapping in the background this ceremony site is really special. As photographers, we love that there is enough space for us to move around easily without impeding your guests. The ceremony site can fit up to 200 people.
The Farmhouse is available for intimate gatherings of 20-40 people. Waupoos states that 20 people can be accommodated for a sit-down dinner or 40 for a cocktail style gathering. Click here to learn more about gatherings at The Farmhouse on their website.
The Farmhouse is also available for accommodations for the weekend of your wedding. Arriving on a Friday, waking up and having your vendors (hair and makeup artists) congregate in this space is so relaxing. The large, bright washroom space works well for getting ready photographs.
Waupoos Winery Wedding Photographer
Big Weddings at Waupoos Winery (100- 150 people)
Waupoos Estates Winery is able to host large weddings, with a lakeside ceremony and pavilion reception. Our experience working with their staff has been wonderful. Events have run on time, and the service has been kind and efficient. Our couples who have hosted large weddings have opted to hire a wedding planner, in addition to other vendors (officiant, florist, DJ, hair/make up artists, musicians) to ensure their vision comes to life. For more information on Waupoos Winery Wedding details and pricing click here. If you are looking for a wedding vendor in Prince Edward County, reach out by email and we are happy to provide our recommendations. You can find our top florist recommendations here.
Intimate Weddings at Waupoos Winery (10- 30 people)
We LOVE photographing intimate weddings at Waupoos Estates Winery. Click here to read more about a 2020 Intimate Wedding at Waupoos Winery. With an intimate gathering, you are able to incorporate all of the traditions that are important to you, with none of the unnecessary extras.
Our couples who chose Waupoos Winery for their intimate weddings appreciate the ease of hosting all events on the grounds, having local food and wine pairings and being able to really appreciate the natural beauty of this venue. The ability to rent the Farmhouse for the weekend, and hold an intimate rehearsal dinner the evening before the wedding is also a nice touch.
Why Waupoos Winery is a dream destination for your wedding
- Waupoos Winery is the only waterfront winery in Prince Edward County. The views of the vineyard and the water are unmatched.
- Waupoos only books one wedding per weekend (sound familiar? Yes, that is our practice also!). This means Waupoos couples get to really experience everything the estate has to offer.
- Waupoos offers beautiful venues for everything from your rehearsal dinner, to getting ready, to ceremony, reception and dance floor. This means no need for transportation on the wedding day (or wedding weekend).
- Your meal is carefully curated by the executive chef to provide a farm-to-table experience.
- Waupoos has a list of preferred vendors including everything from photography to florals. Working with these vendors allows you to know you are getting the level of service expected for quality venues like Waupoos.
- Photography sessions for your engagement can be scheduled at Waupoos ahead of your wedding day. You could even pair it with your make-up/ hair trial and a romantic dinner at the Farm-to-Table Restaurant.
- Couples who have held their weddings at Waupoos tell us the scenery, the food and the cabana space are their favourite parts.